- Abstract submission deadline: 24 March 2023 (submitted via online form)
- Notification of presenters: 30 April 2023
- Registration deadline: 7 May 2023
- Paper presentation slides submission deadline (for selected abstracts): 18 June 2023 (submitted via email)
- Conference dates: 11 – 12 July 2023
There are two options for submitting an abstract for the conference:
- Individual papers: This option involves presenting your own research in a session with other presenters. The conference organiser will select papers based on the topics and research questions they address.
- Paper panel: This option involves organising a panel with a specific theme, and selecting 3-4 papers to be presented as part of the panel. The panel convener (who may also serve as the chair or discussant for the panel) is responsible for selecting the papers and coordinating with the authors to submit their abstracts and presentation slides according to conference requirements and deadlines.
In addition to these options, the conference will also consider alternative formats for presentations, such as workshops, roundtable discussions, ignite sessions, and posters.
More information about these formats will be provided at a later date.
Instructions for Abstracts
When writing your abstract, make sure to clearly explain how your paper relates to the conference theme and key questions. You will also have the opportunity to specify which key topics your paper focuses on in the online form.
Individual paper abstracts should be 300 words and should include:
- The full name and contact details of the presenter
- The research question and topic that the paper addresses
- The methodological approach used in the research
- If the paper is based on already published material, a description of the new research it will present
Panel proposals, which can include up to 4 speakers, should include:
- A 150-word description of the panel
- In addition to the panel description, the full names of the authors and the titles of their papers
Papers can be empirical or theoretical in nature. Presenters are encouraged to attend the conference in person, but there is also the option to present online.
The conference proceedings may be disseminated through the MENASP Network channels and may be considered for publication in a special journal issue.
Online Submission Process
- Abstract submissions must be made through the online form provided. Submissions made through any other means will not be accepted.
- All abstracts must be written in English. Although the conference allows for panel sessions to be conducted in Arabic or French, an English-language abstract is still required for these sessions.